Rental Car Customer Center in Garage A - Level 2 Front Curb with Canopy Ticketing Lobby TSA Checkpoint View of Front Curb Grand Hall Concessions Airside Garden Concourse View of Grand Hall Concessions Concourse Baggage Claim

Terminal Improvement Program Overview

View it as yours.

The Terminal Improvement Program provides needed renovations while keeping the authenticity and community feel that we have all grown to love in GSP.


Over the next four years, airport visitors will witness the second and most substantial wave of renovations in GSP’s history with the Terminal Improvement Program called WINGSPAN.

WINGSPAN will:

  • Increase capacity
  • Improve efficiency
  • Incorporate safety processes
  • Integrate sustainable practices
  • Impact economic landscape

WINGSPAN is $125 million program. Airport funds will cover 80 percent of the program, and the remaining 20 percent of funding will come from a combination of the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Airport Improvement Program Fund and the Transportation Security Administration (TSA). No local taxpayer dollars will be used to fund any portion of the program, and the terminal will remain operational throughout the duration of the program. Some historical elements, including the airside garden and all water features, will be preserved and integrated into the new architectural design.

KEY PARTNERS

General Contractor

Skanska Moss, a joint venture between Skanska USA Building and local contractor Moss & Associates, is serving as the General Contractor for the entire length of the program.

Architect

Michael Baker International serves as the Architect of Record, providing overall management of the design team and construction phase administration.

Architect

Gensler performed the role of the design architect as well as management of the BIM (building information modeling) documentation.

Architect

McMillan Pazdan Smith served as designer of many of the interior finishes and concourse interior renovations, as well as providing the design for the Greenville-Spartanburg Airport District Administrative offices that will be in a portion of the northern terminal expansion.

Architect / Engineer

RS&H provided the overall conceptual design for WINGSPAN. They also served as the Architects and Engineers for the Rental Car Customer Center, Baggage Claim and the South Bridge which were all part of Phase One of WINGSPAN.

Program Manager

Jacobs Engineering served as Program Manager.

 
GSP - A brief history